Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jmweekes
Advocate I
Advocate I

Paginated Reports: Default Date Parameter Broken in Service as of 5/6/2024 (OK on 5/3/2024)

UPDATE (05/09/2024):  No update other than I realize now I have posted this to the Report Server group.  This is an issue with the Power BI service, not the [on premesis] Report Server.  I will work on getting this re-posted to the appropriate group.

UPDATE (05/07/2024):  As of this morning, defaulted and subsequently selected date values are accepted and returned, they are just not displayed in the date selector.  I have logged a support ticket with Microsoft and am waiting for a response.

Parameter Value Accepted but Not Displayed 2024-05-07 104724.png

UPDATE (05/06/2024): 

-  In addition to not defaulting the date value, a new date value cannot be selected. 

-  This appears to only impact Date/Time parameters that are set to have a default value.  Non-defaulted parameters allow for date selection.

-  The issue cannot be worked around by disabling preview features for embedded reports.  Selection of "Disable preview features" does not disable preview features for embeded reports.

Defaulting a date parameter for a Paginated reports is broken for us in the the Power BI service as of 05/06/2024.  It works in Report Builder and it works in the service if we "Disable preview features"; however,  if preview features are enabled (the default) then it is not working, the date value is blank.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Examlpes using hard coded default.  Same behavior when defualted from query.

Parameter Setting: General (Date/Time)Parameter Setting: General (Date/Time)

Parameter Setting: Default ValuesParameter Setting: Default Values

OK in Report Builder, date defaulted as expected.

Report Builder:  OK--Defaulted as expectedReport Builder: OK--Defaulted as expected

05/06/2024 NOT OK in Power BI Service with Preview Features ENABLED (default behavior), date NOT defaulted

Power BI Service (05/06/2024, Preview Features)--NOT OK, NOT DefaultedPower BI Service (05/06/2024, Preview Features)--NOT OK, NOT Defaulted

05/06/2024 OK in Power BI Service with Preview Features DISABLED, date defaulted as expected.

Service OK (NO Preview Features).png

05/03/2024 OK in Power BI Service with Preview Features ENABLED, date defaulted as expected:

Power BI Service (05/03/2024, Preview Features ENABLED):  OK--Defaulted as ExpectedPower BI Service (05/03/2024, Preview Features ENABLED): OK--Defaulted as Expected

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

There is a similar case, please refer: Solved: Selected parameter date in power BI paginated repo... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope it is helpful for you.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PoojaJ

We are experiencing this same issue.   The calendar parameter on all rdl reports no longer display the default value or the selected value.  When the report runs, it will run with the default value and will filter by the values selected from the calendar parameter.  The values will not show.  Any updates on this issue?

PoojaJ_1-1715114018109.png

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmweekes ,

Please try to create a new paginated report and pbulish to service try again.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved, even after publishing a new report.

As of this morning, newly selected values are accepted and returned but, like the defaulted values, they are not displayed in the date selector.  When I tested last night, I was quite certain that newly selected values were not actknowledged and that, although not displayed, the default date continued to be returned for the parameter.

Do you know if any changes were made between last night (05/06/2024, Central USA) and this morning (05/07/2024)?  Also, do you know if a change was rolled out on 05/06/2024 that caused this issue in the first place?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.