Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Shivkanyabyale

I am stuck on budling relationship between date different table

I have say 4 tables Sales register,purchase,salary,production   i have data in day basis in some table and month basis in some table so i have created month column in all table and trying to build relationship with month  i also have status column in all table except production so also bulding relationship with that too ....  i am facing some problem over relations like if i filter on date it is working fine even status is working fine but some filter i have from sales register affecting charts of other table that have no relation with sales i am not sure why filters are working on wrong visual .Screenshot (234).pngScreenshot (235).png
I am not sure why filter name of item affecting salary distibution table where logicaly it has nothing to do with sales item to that of salary distribution  likly it is affecting prodiction table visul as slary and production shareing same date for some visuals 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

see if you can classify your tables as dimension tables or fact tables.  How do they control each other?

Ideally you have a star schema with 1:* single direction relationships.

You may want to add a calendar table to your data model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shivkanyabyale

yes i have tried and i have externally risticted working of some flter on some visuls so now it is working fine for me Thanks 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

see if you can classify your tables as dimension tables or fact tables.  How do they control each other?

Ideally you have a star schema with 1:* single direction relationships.

You may want to add a calendar table to your data model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.