Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Arul
Super User
Super User

Streaming dataset is not loading in embedded application

Hello all,

Scenario 1: I have a report tile which is connected to Streaming dataset. Report is woking well within the Power BI service but in the embedded application it throws below error. Could anyone throw some clarity on why this is not working?

Arul_0-1714976125567.png

Scenario 2: Also, I have some other tiles which is connected to PostgreSQL in direct query mode. Data for this also not coming up in the embedded application and showing the above error. But when I open the Power BI report in powerbi service I could see the report tiles without any error. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arul ,

Based on the knowledge, the streaming tiles that are based on a streaming semantic model are optimized for quickly displaying real-time data. Try to confirm that the embedded environment supports real-time streaming dataset.

vjiewumsft_0-1715064177852.png

For the scenario 2, verify the embedded application have the correct authentication to access the Postgre SQL data.

You can also view the following documents to learn more information.

Real-time streaming in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power Query PostgreSQL connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Semantic model modes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiewu-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

I could find info about that the embedded environment supports the dashboards which are created based on real-time streaming dataset . But, I have created a report based on the streaming dataset which is published into Power BI service. Also, below documention states that we can create Power BI dashboards based on streaming dataset but no particular details about that we can create Power BI reports based on streaming dataset. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-real-time-fraud-detection

However, I am able to create the report based on streaming dataset and can publish into service. My only issue is, that report is throwing error in the embedded application.

My query - Are we able to embed Power BI report if it is created based on sreaming dataset?

As mentioned in the above documentation, we should be able to embed the dashboards but no informatiom about the reports. Could you confirm if it is feasible or not?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors