Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TusharGaurav
Regular Visitor

Getting error Column in Table contains a duplicate value, during incremental refresh.

Hi Experts,

I am trying to apply incremental refresh in few of the tables having huge volume of data.

While refreshing the dataset, I am getting the below error:

Column 'Product_Key' in Table 'Product Dimension' contains a duplicate value '34343434' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.

I have checked in database and there is no duplicate records in either of the table.

Can you please suggest what could be the reason for this error.

Thanks and Regards,

Tushar Gaurav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check your RangeStart and RangeEnd filter. Only one of these parameters can be inclusive, the other must be exclusive

RangeStart <= [partition date] < RangeEnd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TusharGaurav ,

Thanks to @lbendlin  for the reply, please allow me to provide another insight:

1.Power BI sometimes automatically creates relationships between queries used to drive data in reports. you can:

• Enter model view
• Verify that relationships are listed
• Evaluate the "from" and "to" relationships listed as active
• Remove any invalid From and To relationships between separate data sets

2.Power BI automatically trims trailing spaces, which may cause visually identical values to be viewed differently in the source database, please check and handle this situation in the database.

3. Here are some solutions similar to your problem, I hope they can be helpful to you.
Solved: Get "not allowed for columns on the one side of a ... - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: Getting "not allowed for columns on the one side o... - Microsoft Fabric Community

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check your RangeStart and RangeEnd filter. Only one of these parameters can be inclusive, the other must be exclusive

RangeStart <= [partition date] < RangeEnd

Thanks Ibendlin,

I was actually RangeStart <= [partition date] <=RangeEnd, which I modified as per your suggestion.

The dataset refreshed post the changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors