Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lorman1111

Refresh Error in PBI Service "The folder was not found"

Hi Community,

I use an on-premises standard datagateway and the data sources are excel and csv files stored in an on-premises folder.

When I try to refresh in power bi service I get the following error (in desktop is always fine):

Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"File or Folder: The folder \"V:\\Controlling\\FS\\Feiertage.csv\" was not found."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"V:\\Controlling\\FS"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.NotFound"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Feiertage.Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.netActivity ID978b7142-3807-41cb-b8a5-700018ac7ddbRequest IDd52534d2-6701-4fe2-2de1-8707971c1390Time2024-04-26 16:06:25Z

The error relates to the Table "Feiertage". Here it is the code of the power query query:

let
Quelle = Folder.Files("V:\Controlling\FS"),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Quelle, each ([Name] = "Feiertage.csv")),
File = #"Filtered Rows"{[#"Folder Path"="V:\Controlling\FS\",Name="Feiertage.csv"]}[Content],
#"Imported CSV" = Csv.Document(File,[Delimiter=";", Columns=2, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Imported CSV", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Datum", type date}, {"Land", type text}})
in
#"Changed Type"

Can you please try to help me with this issue?

Best Regards,

Lorenzo

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

and the data sources are excel and csv files stored in an on-premises folder.

No, they are not. They are stored on the V: drive of your PC.  The gateway has no idea how to access that.  Specify the true network location  (something like "  \\servername\Controlling\FS\ " ) or move the files to a sharepoint which doesn't even require a gateway.

View solution in original post

sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @lorman1111 ,
Lorenzo, PBI Service is not in your network like your Notebook.
All data is stored on a server (as @lbendlin correctly mentioned). I used to conncet several times to on-prem folders using the mentioned way. Maybe you have to establish a firewall rule for the access from PBI Service to your on-prem server.

Viel Glück dabei. Ist eigentlich keine grosse Sache.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @lorman1111 ,
Lorenzo, PBI Service is not in your network like your Notebook.
All data is stored on a server (as @lbendlin correctly mentioned). I used to conncet several times to on-prem folders using the mentioned way. Maybe you have to establish a firewall rule for the access from PBI Service to your on-prem server.

Viel Glück dabei. Ist eigentlich keine grosse Sache.

Regards

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

and the data sources are excel and csv files stored in an on-premises folder.

No, they are not. They are stored on the V: drive of your PC.  The gateway has no idea how to access that.  Specify the true network location  (something like "  \\servername\Controlling\FS\ " ) or move the files to a sharepoint which doesn't even require a gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors