Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

zelalakyol
Frequent Visitor

Connecting power bi to azure sql database using private endpoint

 Hello, we want to connect to private Azure SQL via virtual network. For this, I followed all the steps in the document below. https://www.serverlesssql.com/connecting-power-bi-to-azure-sql-database-using-private-endpoints/

At first, the connection was successful, but an error appeared that a license was required to refresh the dataset. When I checked the document, I saw that it was because I did not have the appropriate license. Then, when I tried to test and refresh the connection again, I received the following errors. How can I solve this problem and provide a secure sql connection with a private endpoint?

IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

  

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @zelalakyol 

To me it looks like a connectivity issue you might need to look into?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

Actually nothing has changed since the connection was successfully created. But now we are encountering this error

FYI - I noticed in the referenced serverlesssql article that the poster shows creating the PowerPlatform delegated subnet with address range 10.0.1.0/24. However, the official Microsoft documentation notes to make sure the subnet address space does not overlap with 10.0.1.x (which is another way of writing 10.0.1.0/24):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/vnet/create-data-gateways#step-2-associate-the-su...

Note

• Don't use the subnet name "gatewaysubnet" as this is a reserved word for the Azure Gateway Subnet feature. You won't be able to use it to create a VNet data gateway in Step 3.
  • Make sure this subnet doesn't have an IPV6 address space added.
  • Make sure the subnet's IP range doesn't overlap with 10.0.1.x.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors