Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ac583

Lookupvalue not working

Hi i have this column i've created in table view using this lookupvalue equation - (M/Y Order = LOOKUPVALUE(MonthYearOrder[Order],MonthYearOrder[Month & Year],'General IT'[Month Year])

The M/Y Order output from 0 - 24 work but i am not recieving any ouputs for Apr 2024 which is M/Y Order 25 and May 2024 which is order 26.

I've checked the inputs of the calculation and the data is there for the lookupvalue

This is only happening for my General IT Table, i have other tables which follow the same order and they are outputting M/Y order values

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Let's start from the position of assuming that LOOKUPVALUE does work and there isn't a problem with the function.

So we can now isolate the data where (in some cases with your data) it's not working.

With text values that don't provide a match, you have a couple of options to investigate:

1. Hardcode the values in the LOOKUPVALUE for the specific items which are not providing a match.  This test can help identify why items are not matching, for example, there might be spaces in the fields which are expected to match.

2. Remove spaces and special characters by using Trim and Clean in Power Query before loading the data

So i manually hardcoded this in now, and it is showing the M/Y order.

However the data for April and May months is still showing as blank.

Ac583_1-1715255980465.png

I've looked at the filters and there are none that would affect it, i've also looked at the relationship and can rule that out as i have the same relationship for a another table where the visualisation works

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors