Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vstefano
Frequent Visitor

Column Type changes after query merge in the main table - column type "Binary" and "Record"

Good morning,

after a simple merge between two column dates, using a left puter, two columns of the first table with respectively type Binary and Record, changed (see below).

Any suggestion how to avoid what, to me, seems a bug?

vstefano_0-1715074542381.png

Thanks in advance,

Stefano

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vstefano ,

After my test, when you have type such as "Binary" and "Record" in the column, if you merge at this point, Power Query won't read the contents of the Record or Binary, it seems to only present the two columns as text in the table after the merge.
I would recommend that you expand everything you can before merging, in the form of a complete datasheet.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Dino for the answer. Bittersweet feeling that your conclusions are aligned with mine...

I think this is is a bug that Microsoft need to solve.

The problem occurs when trying to connect directly to sharepoint online files. If I choose the offline directory then the merge causes no problems.

Hopefully they will fix this bug.

Stefano 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors