Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FrenchFry
Frequent Visitor

How to connect PowerBI to relative Dynamics/dataverse DTAP environment

Hey folks,

I've got a question, and I can't seem to find the answers online, but I guess it must be a common issue.

We're new to Dynamics 365 at my company, and we're in the process of implementing it. PowerBI is doing a great job creating different reports and connecting to our Dynamics environment. I've been building reports on my own, and they work great. We also 'uploaded' it to our Solution. However, here's the problem:

We're using pipelines to push the Dynamics Solution to other DTAP environments, and to make the deployment of these pipelines easier, we want to ensure that PowerBI reports use the database of their current dataverse environment. Without any dynamic link to the database, I'm forced to update the report in the solution or always use production data in the reports of the other DTAP environments.

Do any of you have tips on how to make PowerBI dynamically connect to the dataverse/Dynamics Solution?

Thanks in advance!

FrenchFry

(Not actually french :P)

1 REPLY 1
MattB-Motive
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @FrenchFry 

This article explains how to include Power BI reports and datasets in a solution with the ability to dynamically connect Dataverse data sources as well as parameters.

Create Power BI report and dataset components (preview) - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Thanks

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.