Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Asgar
Frequent Visitor

How do I implement conditional formatting for icons in PowerBI Custom Visual?

The conditional formatting documentation says we can use conditional for color, text, icon, and web URL, but there are examples only for color. There is no such documentation for implementing an icon or web URL. Any guidance on implementing the same would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your attention to this matter.

3 REPLIES 3
qqqqqwwwweeerrr
Super User
Super User

Hi @Asgar 

Can you explain what you want to achieve?

Regards

I'm trying to achieve the same as @Asgar. When you implement condition formatting on a property by specifying its instaceKind using the VisualEnumerationInstanceKinds enum, by default the conditional formatting settings will apply to colors. We are looking for how to customize(?) the conditional formatting window, as it's different for colors, icons, and web URLs.

I was going through the documentation as well as the API code, but couldn't find any ways to specify what type of conditional formatting window should pop up in my custom visual.

Any help would be much appreciated.

formatting icon.PNG

I want to have this icon formatting option. How can I get it in my custom visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors