Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FlavioMe3101

Color code Issue, cell with no color

I have a PowerBI with ‘Connect Live’ to an Analysis Service Server model that I need Conditional formatting the table that I generated.

I have a PowerBI with ‘Connect Live’ to an Analysis Service Server model.

One ‘matrix visual’ shows ‘Failure and failure Sub Bucket’ against Year-Month of failure. There are two date type data field- Step1 and Step2 taken for this failure, but all the failure don’t have these steps.

I have done colour coding as

1. if failure date > Step1 date - count will be highlighted in yellow
  2. if failure date > step 2 date, count will be highlighted in red
  3. If no failure after step 2 then green colour.

For the third condition, green is applied for all blanks/ zero count even if the ‘Failure and failure Sub Bucket’ doesn’t have Step 2 dates. I have tried to filtering this using Filter, SLECTEDVALUES etc in PowerBI dax. Also tried creating calculated columns in SSAS.

Is there any solution so that color coding is only applicable for blanks having step 2 dates.?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

To report on things that are not there you need to use disconnected tables and/or crossjoins.  Most likely that's not something they let you do with this connection type.

Do you have an idea how I can implement the color code that I need with "connect live", I am looking for something like this:

FlavioMe3101_0-1714743183603.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors