Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Alibek
Frequent Visitor

How to compare PBI Premium capacities with AAS instances in terms of performance?

Hello!

When migrating tabular models from AAS to PBI Premium capacity, we would like to know which pricing tier / capacity level would satisfy our requirements based on what is currently working (AAS tabular models). However, I have not been able to find any mappings from PBI Premium capacities' configurations with AAS instance tiers. They also use different "units" (Capacity Units vs Query Processing Units). Is such a comparison possible, and sensible thing to do?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alibek,

Perhaps you can take a look at the following links about power bi premium license FAQ and different level of licenses in fabric if they help with your scenario:

Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Microsoft Fabric concepts - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Well, I found a mapping from PBI Premium capacity to Fabric capacity (P1 -> F64), but not to AAS instances.

I've only managed to find some blogpost where they claim that 100 QPUs ~ 5 CPU cores. But PBI capacities use something called Power BI v-cores, which I assume is something different and we need a mapping for that as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.